Use Disk Cleanup tool to free up space on your hard disk and to improve the performance of your computer.
Disk Cleanup activity can be used to remove:
- Temporary Internet files.
- Downloaded program files.
- Contents of Recycle Bin.
- Windows temporary files such as error reports.
- Optional Windows components that you don't use.
- Installed programs that you no longer use.
- Unused restored points and shadow copies from System Restore.
Note: Typically, temporary Internet files will take the more space because the browser caches each page you visited for faster access afterwards.
Disk Cleanup procedure (for Window 7 users):
Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.
In case of more than one file, particular file has to be selected.
Disk Cleanup will calculate how much space can be free, select the content of the Files to be deleted in the dialog box.
Then click Ok. The disk cleanup process is now completed.